Sharia Law, also known as the Law of Islam, covers a vast array of topics. Most legal codes deal only with public behavior, however, Sharia Law also covers private beliefs and behavior. It can be considered the most intrusive and strict form of legal justice in the world and is especially oppressing towards women.
Sharia Law covers 5 main topics:
Adab: Covers behaviour, morals, and manners
I'tiqadat: Covers beliefs
Iibadah: Regards ritual worship
Mu'amalat: Discusses transactions and contracts
'Uqubat: Deals with punishments
Together these topics cover all aspects of their society which all members must adhere to. Some argue that Sharia cannot be imposed on unwilling people although in government implementation, however, this is clearly just one interpretation of the Prophet Muhammad's teachings and there is much evidence that many Sharia countries have interpreted or ignored this version.
There are four primary schools of Sharia law that vary in severity:
Hanbali: Considered the most conservative school of thought. It is used in both Saudi Arabia and some states in North Nigeria.
Hanifi: A liberal school of Sharia, and is more open to modern ideas.
Maliki: This is based on the practices of the people of Medina during Muhammad's lifetime.
Shafi'i: A conservative school that emphasizes the opinions of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad.
Hudud: This is the concept that some crimes under Islamic law are against God, while others are against man. The punishments for those crimes labeled against the divine have violated sacred boundaries "hudud" so God mandates specific punishments for these. These punishments cannot ever be pardoned and must be carried out in public. Some argue that the original concept and extremity of the Hudud punishments was more to deter and curb these behaviours, however, many Sharia countries carry them out even without confession and have integrated it into their nation/state law.
Examples of Sharia Law by Country
Here are some of the laws under Sharia:
- Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand.
- Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran, Muhammad, and Allah is punishable by death.
- A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
- A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
- A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
- A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
- Girls' clitoris should be cut, (per Muhammad's words in Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
- A woman can have 1 husband, but a man can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
- A man can unilaterally divorce his wife, but a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
- A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
- Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman, yet a woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
- A woman's testimony in court, allowed only in property cases, carries half the weight of a man's.
- A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
- A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
- A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
- Meat to be eaten must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be Halal.
- Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
Arab Charter on Human Rights
As Sharia law is incompatible with UN Convention on Human Rights, countries such as Saudi Arabia who are governed by Sharia Law have been unable to sign these agreements. Under pressure from the international community, a number of Sharia countries have created and ratified the Arab Charter on Human Rights which came into force in 2008.
This has many differences to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Louise Arbour chief of United Nations Human Rights voiced her concerns stating that:
"The Arab Charter on Human Rights contains provisions that do not meet international norms and standards, including the application of the death penalty for children, the treatment of women and non-citizens and the equating of Zionism with racism"
To read the full convention click here.
Sharia Law Invading the West
If you feel this all sounds a bit extreme perhaps you should have a look at how successful they have already been in some Western countries:
Germany-based Gustav Stresemann Foundation which is a think tank dedicated to the preservation and advancement of liberal democracy in Europe has recently warned:
"that national and international Islamic organizations are increasingly putting pressure on Western politicians gradually to criminalize any critique of Islam."
Islamification of America
Presently there is approximately five million Muslims in the United States. This is approximately the same size population the Hispanic community had 30 years ago. What is alarming, however, is that the Muslim population is growing about six times faster than the national rate due to high birth rates, immigration, and religious conversions.
American prisons need to be watched as these inmates make up a large percentage of American converts. About 80% of all religious conversions happening in prisons around America are conversions to Islam. Approximately 20% of the American prison population is now Muslim, with a large conversion rate seen among African-American inmates.
Perhaps the most troubling part of the Islamification of the United States is the financing through banks of Sharia-backed organizations and nations. In order to attract and manage Muslim wealth, an increasing number of American financial institutions are becoming "Sharia-compliant." Part of this compliance requires the bank to donate a percentage of their annual profits to Islamic organizations recommended by their Sharia-compliance advisors. Many of these advisors are members of the Muslim Brotherhood and funnel money to terrorist groups (donations must go to one or more of eight recipient categories, one of which is Jihad).
The following is taken from the Muslim Quran and promotes that Gays should be killed.
Every five minutes a Christian is killed for the faith and many are killed by Muslims
Useful Videos and Links